Monday, September 27, 2010

Thoughts on the Gamesday News

Well the weekend has come and gone, and here we are back to the grind of real life.  We did get a lot of interesting news though from Gamesday from the likes of Bruglir and WAR Aura.  I suggest you head on over to their sites for all the details.  From Vanity Pets and Mounts, to the Campaign changes and Skaven, there is a lot of information in there.  I'm very interested in and looking forward to seeing what is posted on the Herald over the next month.


All in all, I still feel a little underwhelmed by the announcements.  I don't feel as if any real and new information was given.  We all knew about the Campaign changes, the Skaven, the mounts, and the pets.  We still don't know much about Skaven, other than the four classes we can presumably choose from.  They really all just sound like a siege mechanic that we can play.  They also sound a lot like Champion Levels from DAoC.  Nothing groundbreaking or earthshattering, but just there.  Hardly something that you would miss if you didn't have it.  It will be interesting to see exactly how they will be implemented and what use they have on the overall Campaign.

The information given on the Keeps and Campaign also sound meh.  I'm worried the BO changes in respect to the resources is going to be extremely lackluster.  It may promote battles around them, or it may promote a back-capping type of problem, where one warband follows around an opposing warband just reflipping what was just done. 

The Realm Abilities really peak my interest, as I think active abilities will really change the state of play.  It will be nice not having the tiered abilities either. 

Maybe it's just me, but I'm still underwhelmed by all of it.  Perhaps I'm in a negative mood this morning returning to work.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited for the RvR Pack and 1.4.  I think I'm just wanting a lot more information than what we have today.  I want and hope for the best out of this game, and I think a little more information being released would go a long way for the general subscriber.

No comments:

Post a Comment