Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Am I Cut Out for MMO's?

With Warhammers two year anniversary upon us, I decided to take a look back at the past few years of the game and reflect on what I've come to enjoy.  There has been good and no doubt some bad between 2008 and now, but all in all I think Warhammer is in a good place. 

Over the past few years I have played more characters than I can honestly even remember.  It started out with a Witch Hunter, Vizo, on Phoenix Throne and slowly progressed to roughly two dozen total characters (all 40) across the realms and servers.  Here is a list below, at least of the characters I can remember:



1. Vizo (Witch Hunter) 2. Tzepsis (Rune Priest)
3. Cyrx (Swordmaster) 4. Rovs (Engineer)
5. Adyra (Archmage) 6. Tarbon (Ironbreaker)
7. Ethaon (Bright Wizard) 8. Isolate (DoK)
9. Luvsiq (DoK) 10. Siqq (Marauder)
11. Tragical (Witch Elf) 12. Reliqqe (Witch Elf)
13. Shrunkin (Shaman) 14. Heroboss (Chosen)
15. Championboss (Black Guard) 16. Hendi (Zealot)
17. Shoosty (Squig Herder) 18. Yougotchopped (Choppa)
19. Reliqq (Sorcerer) 20. Badaxx (Slayer)
21. WE Name don't remember 22. WE Name don't remember
23. Grigz (Black Orc) 24. KoTBS Name don't remember
25. BW Name don't remember 26. ?????

Clearly, I have a problem.  WTF is wrong with this picture?  A single career cannot peak my interest for more than a few months.  I am never satisfied with one, ever.  I've had this problem throughout my MMO gaming days.  Those characters encompass 16 accounts.  Yes, 16 accounts.  Insanity.  Never have I had them all active at one time, but I'm sure I've had 5 to 8 active at once.  At least I know I'm doing all I can to help stabilize Mythics game. 

Not only have I engrossed myself in all of the above characters over the past few years, but I think I've had a pretty fun time with the game too.  I have taken breaks here and there, but nothing ever more than a month or so. With 1.4 and the RvR pack only a few months away, I'm sure the trend will continue.  I've been flip flopping between my Dok, WE, and Marauder currently.  I'll probably end up focusing solely on the Marauder with the recent changes being announced.  Who really knows though.  At this point, your guess is as good as mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that is quite insane. I know I have altitis but it's nothing compared to this. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, it's pretty sad honestly. It gets frustrating at times too. If ever I actually "finished" a character, it would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete