Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gank Groups - Reborn

Well finally, for the first time in what seems like forever, my guild was able to run nearly a 6 man group in ORvR yesterday. We ended up running with only 5, but it was a solid 5 at least. Slayer / BW / RP / RP / KotBS. Probably not your "ideal" group setup, but it worked to perfection.

As we ran around Praag during prime time, obviously we tried to avoid the 3 WB vs 3 WB zerg that was running around, virtually doing nothing but camping each others warcamps. Sure we got zerged down a few times, but there were other times that were simply magnificent. And I must say that while I do attribute most of it to our skill, I must give some of it to the fact that AoE right now is crazy. Just maybe crazy perfect.....

We were able to, several times mind you, kill an ENTIRE Destro WB! With, that's right, only 5 of us! By using terrain to our advantage, mainly the closed in graveyards in Praag, we were able to really bottleneck people into the doorways and AoE them down. It was probably the best time I've had in WAR to date. It left me pretty satisfied with the state of the game right now. And finally, it left me with the feeling of wanting more from open RvR in WAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment